Forecasting using past and current year

youngsc

I know there's a way but I'm drawing a blank on best approach and method. I have one rolling year of data so say July 2019 to June 2020. However, on the report I'm only showing year to date so January to June. What I'd like to be able to do is from July to December provide a projection based on past July to December and current January to June. This would be in a table not a chart. I'm really just needing to know the best formulas or methodologies to use so I can google it or start working through a solution.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
How is the forcasting Based on. There are various estimates and other details which you might need to consider.
Criterias are important so i think you should consider the assumptions and criteria in the forcast first before jumping to excel

Upvote 0
With this i don't really have any other variables to go off of. It's simply an, albeit broad, estimation

Upvote 0
I think you need to provide more information as to what you actually want help with? Maybe start by using XL2BB to post a sample of what your data looks like, what you are trying to achieve with examples of the results you expect.

Help us to help you

Upvote 0
I think you need to provide more information as to what you actually want help with? Maybe start by using XL2BB to post a sample of what your data looks like, what you are trying to achieve with examples of the results you expect.

Help us to help you

Sorry trying to do everything from my phone made it more difficult cause I couldn't do a table. I have financial data for the entire prior calendar year. I have financial data for current year to date. I'd like to the using those two data forecast for the rest of the current year.

So if a table helps, using the below 2019 data for July to December and the 2019 and 2020 data for January to June how can i build a forecast for July or July through December?

JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back