Dannyb78

Firstly my apologies as I know this has been asked before but I still cannot get it to work.

I'm using option buttons from the Form Control menu, the ActiveX Control menu is ghosted, as is the design toolbox button. I have no idea how to un-ghost them.

No matter how I group and re-name and set the linked cell all buttons are linked. I've tried a grouping box, I've tried editing each button individually. I just need two groups, three buttons linking to one cell, nine buttons linking to another. I'm absolutely pulling my hair out and I swear I'm not as much of an excel beginner as this makes me sound!

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
Found this on Microsoft site, not sure if it helps.

[FONT=&quot]Active x are add-ons they are specific to IE version, it could be that the version of ActiveX for IE 10 or IE 11 are not compatible with IE 5.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I would suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and see if it helps.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A Web page that contains a custom ActiveX control may not load as expected in Internet Explorer due to defense in depth changes introduced in cumulative security update 896688 (MS05-052)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909738[/FONT]

Upvote 0
All the option buttons should be in a group box. So you should have 2 group boxes, one with 3 option buttons in and one with 9 in.

Once you've done this, enter design mode and for each group box, select all the option buttons (whilst holding Ctrl), right click and set the cell link.

You'll then have 2 cells with inputs from the group boxes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
All the option buttons should be in a group box. So you should have 2 group boxes, one with 3 option buttons in and one with 9 in.

Once you've done this, enter design mode and for each group box, select all the option buttons (whilst holding Ctrl), right click and set the cell link.

You'll then have 2 cells with inputs from the group boxes.

Many thanks, this worked to an extent. I now have them returning values in two different cells (although I swear I tried this before and it ignored me) I don't really want to use activex as it has to work on many different computers eventually.

Now however the box with 3 has messed up. I select option 1 and it automatically selects option 3 as well, option 2 clears the other two and is selected on it's own. What did I do wrong now??

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyg666

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back