form data, how did a team perform in the last 6 games

Hi Guys,
I have a spreadsheet with lots of football scores, I have attached it so you know what I'm talking about.

Here is one of the entries,
RefOutputHomeAwayHTHomeHTAwayDateFTHomeFTAwayHTFTHT FTAway HTAway FTAway HT FT
11ArsenalLeicester2211/08/201743DWDWDLDL

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
</tbody>

So from this, I know that Arsenal Won the Game 4-3.

I have a long list of results like this,

What I want to do, is known the previous form before a game, so for example, on Boxing Day, Liverpool Played Swansea,
RefOutputHomeAwayHTHomeHTAwayDateFTHomeFTAwayHTFTHT FTAway HTAway FTAway HT FT
19420LiverpoolSwansea1026/12/201750WWWWLLLL

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;">
</tbody>

I would like to know the form of Liverpool and Swansea in the last 6 games, for example, was Liverpools form W W W W W W, did they win all the last six games.

I will eventually be putting this information in number form, i.e. (3 for a win, 1 for a Draw, 0 for a Loss), so for example, a score of 18 for liverpool would mean that they won the last three.

The games can be home and away, I want to know the form of the last 6 games, regardless of whether it was home or away.

I also want to be able to drag the formula down, so then I can enter next weeks fixtures and get the form data based on the past form.

I have seen lots of people make a form table, the different with mine is I want to know them form at each fixture throughout the season.

It would be handy if the formulas could easily be adapted to check the form of the last 3 games also - if it is easy! Prem.xlsx

Any questions let me know.

Here is the link for the data http://www.football-data.co.uk/mmz4281/1718/E0.csv

Cheers!

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back