Form: datasheet with subdatasheet

doco

I want to display a form in datasheet format but have the datasheet show a subdatasheet much in the same manner as when in table form.

I need to control events with VB and there is no way that I can find to control events in a table. Yet I want to have the same functionality that a table datasheet has in displaying subdatasheets.

Make sense?

TIA
doco

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
You can have a "master" form that is not much more than a form to hold two sub-forms, each in datasheet view. The top sub-form would be your table that you want to browse, and the bottom sub-form would be the subdatasheet functionallity you are looking for. In the top sub-form, have the OnCurrent event write the data for your "matching" field(s) into hidden fields on the "master" form. Then, the subdatasheet sub-form will use that field(s) in it's master link and child link fields. Sure hope this is not too confusing.
HTH,

Upvote 0
Yes that makes sense. It was where I was headed but was in hopes there was a property in the properties box or a menu choice like hasSubdatasheets = true or something that I was just not finding - ;)

Thanks
doco

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back