Form Entry

Asevens

Hey everyone, I am in the process of building a packing slip generator for our materials management team.
They have provided me with the details of all items that may be sent out and I have a basic sheet ready to go using a combination of VLOOKUP and INDEX MATCH formulas to try and make it easier for them. However it is still too complicated for some of the users in that department.

What I would like to do is create a form in Excel that once they pick their drop down values and type in the series of part numbers (this is tricky because there are two sets and not each item has both), along with carrier information and then have it auto-populate a packing slip which can then be printed to physical and electronic copy(while updating a table with a packing number that can be searched and referenced in the same workbook).
There is also the tricky situation of exporting, whereas if an item is to be exported it must be accompanied by the correct forms. I need to figure out a way to export the appropriate information to the correct places in the export form.

Basically.. my VBE scripting skills are null and I don't know how to proceed further.

Current workbook has 4 sheets, the Packing Slip sheet, Assets, Carriers (this has also become a work sheet where I set information for smaller lists for drop downs) and a Senders sheet which lists the various individuals who would be requesting an item shipped out.

What would be really neat is after all that is said and done... if the same sort of set up could be used for receiving. But thats asking a bit much i believe.

I dont want to use access because a. I dont know it very well and b. the users have a hard enough time with excel.

Thanks Everyone.

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
I dont know if this will help anyone...

My form has the following:

Label National Stock Number ----------> Textbox
Local Asset Number --------------------> Textbox
Carrier ----------------------------------> ComboBox
Carrier Waybill -------------------------> Textbox
Sender ----------------------------------> ComboBox
Receiver --------------------------------> Textbox

Export --> Checkbox Canada Good --> Option
US Good -------> Option

Command Button

Basically what I am trying to do is make it so the shippers only have to input either the NSN or LAN and then the rest of the form must be filled. The data correlates to a Packing Slip sheet that is connected to data sets within the workbook to identify the object being sent through various formulas and whatnot.
Ideally the Export check would lead to a MUST select Canada or US goods and the ensuing macro would produce the appropriate document.

I would love it if this all occured in the background but I am NOwhere near good enough in my scripting. I cant even get those combo boxes to populate properly.

Please help. My insanity begs you to help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DumbFinanceBro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back