Form is broken on single machine after moving to Win10

robs23

Hi,

I have a file used by couple of people in my company. It contains a lot of vba code and few user forms. It's been working perfectly for years now on all machine. Recently 1 machine has been migrated to Windows 10, the excel major version hasn't changed though (16). For reason unknown, 1 of the forms lost almost all the controls on it and the user is getting "Compile error: Method or data member not found" at the line Me.cmbWeek.ListCount (as this control is not existent for the machine, although all other machines 'see' it perfectly well (also migrated to Windows 10 but flawless). You can find both form and its code behind here: github.com/robs23/ProductionSchedule/tree/master/Forms. Please find below the forms both on user's machine (broken) and on all other users' machines (proper).

broken_form.png

working_form.png

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Cross-posting (posting the same question in more than one forum) is not against our rules, but the method of doing so is covered by #13 of the Forum Rules.

Be sure to follow & read the link at the end of the rule too!

Cross posted at: Form is broken on single machine after moving to Win10
If you have posted the question at more places, please provide links to those as well.

If you do cross-post in the future and also provide links, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I wasn't aware of the rule. I decided to post to several forums as communities differ between them.
Also here:

It looks I can't attach the file here, but you can find it here. The form is called updater and it's run from ribbon under "Harmonogram" tab, "Aktualizuj". You won't be able to run it though as I removed all connection strings. On the machine of the unlucky user the form opened in the designer already looks like the broken form from my first post.

Upvote 0
@robs23
You might understand that some helpers may become disgruntled if they put time into developing a solution here only to find later that a solution had already been achieved elsewhere. They may then be less likely to help you next time.

You may also want to consider whether cross-posting actually increases or decreases your chance of getting a quick answer. Some (but certainly not all) members, because of the point above, tend to skip questions that are cross-posted because they don’t want to bother going to the other forum(s) to check if it has already been solved. It can also become rather messy trying to keep up if the threads are active in multiple forums at the same time.

Upvote 0
Honestly speaking I don't cross-post in most cases, but I'm a bit in a rush with this. And I originally posted to excelforum.com yesterday but I've got no comments (until I cross-posted). Unfortunately, now all the threads became threads about cross-posting..

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back