FORM - multiple questions

itr674

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a form and on it I have shaded areas where I have folks input data.

This form can be printed on either regular bond paper (when the form is not available in the field), or a standard purchased form.

I need a macro that:

Form is area B6:C8 for this example...

1. when BUTTON 1 is pressed it will print all data on form but not the shaded color, it can print the text, but not the color.

2. when BUTTON 2 is pressed it would print only the text in the shaded area but nothing else, no borders, no headings, no color, just the "consignee" information.

3. BUTTON 3 whem pressed would make a copy of the sheet and put it at the end. The copy would need to have all the buttons copied too.

I tried doing this with the macro recorder but it kept putting the sheet after a particular sheet and not at the end and it would not copy the buttons.
Book1
ABCDEFGHIJ
3BUTTON1BUTTON2BUTTON3
4PrintonReqularPaperPrintonFormCopythisForm
6Consigneetest1
7address1
8state1
Sheet1

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
This will copy to the active sheet to the end of book..

Sub CopySheet()
ActiveSheet.Copy After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
End Sub

Upvote 0
For 1 & 2 why not record yourself removing the formatting & printing? Then add the formatting back. You can do the recording from another workbook and close the original after recording (without saving changes).

Hope that helps,

Smitty

Upvote 0
Nimrod - thanks for "sheets.count"

PennySaver - I played with that but thought there might be a better way--maybe not--will work with that some more today...

Upvote 0
How do you do an UNDO in a macro. I am using the macro recorder to work this form out and I was using the UNDO function to put everything back inplace after the print action--the problem is that is appears the macro recorder is doesn't write that command????

Upvote 0
How about using different hidden sheets for the different formats instead of changing sheet ?

For example you push your command button it :
Copies data to hidden sheet called FormatType1, the same macro then prints out that particular sheet .

The following code copies from the active sheet , to a hidden sheet called "NOFormat" and then prints out that sheet. NOTE: You need to create the sheet called "NOFormat" before running this code

Public Sub PrintNoFormat()
On Error GoTo TheEnd
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Sheets("NOFormat")
.Visible = xlSheetVisible
.Range("B6:C8").Value = ActiveSheet.Range("B6:C8").Value
.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
.Visible = xlSheetHidden
End With
TheEnd:
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
End Sub

Upvote 0
Nimrod - I think that might work, thanks, will get on it tomorrow...

Upvote 0
Nimrod - that works good. Have another question though.

We have to put XXXs over two seperate boxes on this form, so how would I take them to the hidden form so they could be printed.

I made the XXXs in Paint so they are objects in the file. There are two XXX objects on a sheet and we just move one over the applicable cell that needs to be Xed out.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gb24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back