Format control with option buttons

rintingin

I am entering Option Buttons on an excel worksheet, using form control. I have 40 questions, each with 5 options. The option "reports" in the next cell to the right of the question group box. I have set up 37 questions just fine, but when I try to set up the 38th (or 39th, or 40th), it automatically links the Format Control to the 37th question. I can't get it to come up with a BLANK format control box so I can tell it where to report the data. And if I change the "automatically generated" format control, it also changes Question 37 to the new cell. Is there a limit as to how many group boxes (or option buttons) are available on a spreadsheet? Thanks!

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).

mikerickson

MrExcel MVP
Does any part of the button extend beyond the edge of the group box? (It shouldn't)

mikerickson

MrExcel MVP
A created a group box, put 5 option buttons in it, copied those 6 controls, and made copy pasted 40 of those. It worked fine for me.

rintingin

Thanks! It did have to do with group box -- I had failed to put question 37 in a group box. Therefore, when I added a group box for question 38, it assumed question 37's option buttons were in the same group. Problem solved! :)

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeficientOptimism