Format control with option buttons

rintingin

I am entering Option Buttons on an excel worksheet, using form control. I have 40 questions, each with 5 options. The option "reports" in the next cell to the right of the question group box. I have set up 37 questions just fine, but when I try to set up the 38th (or 39th, or 40th), it automatically links the Format Control to the 37th question. I can't get it to come up with a BLANK format control box so I can tell it where to report the data. And if I change the "automatically generated" format control, it also changes Question 37 to the new cell. Is there a limit as to how many group boxes (or option buttons) are available on a spreadsheet? Thanks!

mikerickson

MrExcel MVP
Does any part of the button extend beyond the edge of the group box? (It shouldn't)

mikerickson

MrExcel MVP
A created a group box, put 5 option buttons in it, copied those 6 controls, and made copy pasted 40 of those. It worked fine for me.

rintingin

Thanks! It did have to do with group box -- I had failed to put question 37 in a group box. Therefore, when I added a group box for question 38, it assumed question 37's option buttons were in the same group. Problem solved! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gabivleon

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...