Format control with option buttons

rintingin

I am entering Option Buttons on an excel worksheet, using form control. I have 40 questions, each with 5 options. The option "reports" in the next cell to the right of the question group box. I have set up 37 questions just fine, but when I try to set up the 38th (or 39th, or 40th), it automatically links the Format Control to the 37th question. I can't get it to come up with a BLANK format control box so I can tell it where to report the data. And if I change the "automatically generated" format control, it also changes Question 37 to the new cell. Is there a limit as to how many group boxes (or option buttons) are available on a spreadsheet? Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
A created a group box, put 5 option buttons in it, copied those 6 controls, and made copy pasted 40 of those. It worked fine for me.

Upvote 0
Thanks! It did have to do with group box -- I had failed to put question 37 in a group box. Therefore, when I added a group box for question 38, it assumed question 37's option buttons were in the same group. Problem solved! :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RExcelSearch

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back