Format multiple tabs for printing

Sigh

I have a file containing 22 tabs, I would like to print them all one-sided, is there a way to format without going into each tab separately?

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Hi Sigh:

I think you should be able to just right click on a Tab and select Select All Sheets then go ahead and do your File/Page Setup

When your Formatting is complete MAKE SURE YOU RIGHT click on the Tabs again and select Ungroup Sheets. If not anything you type on one sheet will be typed on ALL sheets.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Upvote 0
Hi Mark, thanks for your reply. I tried exactly that first of all, the first tab printed one-sided but all the others printed two-sided as that is the default setting. I'm really stuck!

Upvote 0
So if you select all Sheets and do the following:

File/Page Set Up.../ and then Click the Options buttion

What appears on the Finishing tab under Document Options? Is there a checkmark in Print On Both Sides? If not then I too am confused :confused:

Let me know.
Mark

Upvote 0
The checkmark is on 'print one-sided' but it only appears to work on the first tab! If I deselect all tabs and go into the first one it is still one-sided but all the others are 'print two-sided'. Looks like my only option is to go into every tab and format them separately, something I was obviously hoping to avoid, it all seems very odd.

Upvote 0
Not really sure why it doesn't work. You may have to go in as you said and do it one at a time. Weird that it works at my end but it is just a blank file I tried it with. Did you try making the change on something other then the first Tab. Just curious as Excel seems to act weird sometimes and you can sometimes get around it behavior by playing around. I would try selecting all Tabs and then click on a Tab that has the double sided set up and remove it. Barring that you could also try setting them to 2 sided and then select the Tabs again and change it to 1 sided. Just a thought... If it still doesn't work then you might have to go one sheet at a time unless someone else can give you a macro.

SORRY I could not be of assistance.

Take Care,
Mark

Upvote 0
Yes, it is weird. I went into each tab separately in the end, I'm thinking it might be a change our IT people have made, but thanks again for your suggestions.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlphaRino

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back