Formating Question with multiple criteria

Joey_Ng

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi,

Link below contains spreadsheet with 3 tabs: Toy, Games, Ref. The icon sets has value 1 = tick, 2 = exclamation mark, 3 = cross.

What I would like to achieve:
- Toy tab: create a formatting rule for columns D to O to look up the Name (eg, A3), Code (eg, B3), weeknum (eg, D1) in the "Ref" tab for exact match. Once match found, if the week number in "Toy" tab is a 3 (which is the cross) then format by filling the cell with "blue color". Do nothing if the cell doesn't contain a 3 (which is a cross). For example, Code 1111 shows week 37, 38, 46, 47 in the Ref tab and in the Toy tab, only week 47 has a 3 (cross) so I like cell M3 to fill be filled with blue color. Similarly, code 1112 for Toy in the Ref tab shows week 37-51 and in the Toy tab, weeks 43,45,47 has a 3 (cross) so these 3 cells I4, K4, M4 to be filled with blue.
- Games tab: similar to above, I would like the same formatting to be applied. For example, code 1113 in Ref tab shows week 39, 42 for Games and in the Games tab, week 46 (cell L5) has a 3 (cross) so I would like this cell to be formatted in blue.
- Column P (Clash Y/N) in both Toy and Games tabs, if there is a blue filled in any cells for each row, shows Y. Otherwise, we can use the above comparison for the two tabs and if they clash with a 3 (cross) for each row, change to Y.

Any help would be much appreciated. I am using office365.

Thank you

Joey

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    48.6 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
For the formatting select D3:O6 & use this formula
Excel Formula:
=AND(D3=3,XMATCH($A3&"|"&$B3&"|"&D$1,Ref!$A$2:$A$37&"|"&Ref!$B$2:$B$37&"|"&Ref!$C$2:$C$37,0))

Upvote 0
Hi Fluff,

Thank you very much. I don't have Xmatch but using Match works fine.

Many Thanks,

Joey

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back