Formatting a List Box in Excel

JMH022

Is it possible to change the background color in a list box to a different color (other than the standard 'white')?

I would also like to BOLD the items inside the list box if possible.

Can someone tell me if this is an option in Excel?

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
Right-click on the ListBox and select properties. You should be able to change everything there.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your reply, but I did that...the option to change the color of the list box is not listed in the properties. 3D shading is NOT what I need. I want to change the background (behind the text) from white to a different color from the color palette. Any ideas?

Upvote 0
BackColor is the property you are looking for. It shows up at the top of the properties list. Otherwise, you can change it with code:

ListBox1.BackColor = 255
'Red

Upvote 0
Ahhh, okay. I see where the discrepancy is coming into play. You are refering to the list box from the VBToolbox, right? I am using the one from the Forms toolbar and it does not list the same properties options. Much more limited, it appears. I will see if I can change my form to use the toolbox version, unless you know how to change the properties of the other one.

Upvote 0
I usually stay away from the FORMS and just use the CONTROL TOOLBOX. I really don't know what purpose the FORMS controls serve versus the CONTROL TOOLBOX controls. I find that the CONTROL TOOLBOX controls are much easier to work with.

Upvote 0
phantom, thank you for all of your input. I was able to change the control to the Toolbox version with no problem. Many moons ago I was shown the Forms controls and never gave the others a second thought. I guess I will from now on...they are much more versatile. Thank you again!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back