Formatting Comment text in Office 2007

zombiemaster

Board Regular
I've seen a couple of answers on here that I'd already figured out on my own so I thought I'd just post the question again and hope for more details.

In Office 2003, I could select text in a comment and click the text color box in the toolbar to change the color of the selected text. It was a one-click change.

In Office 2007, that seems to have increased to a minimum of 5 clicks to do the same thing, because selecting text within a cell comment grays out the font box in the ribbon. I have to right-click the selected text, choose format text, then the color box, then the color, then OK. Very time consuming and annoying at best...

I have a major report that I use monthly that has dozens of comments that I color-coordinate differently each month. This new version has tripled the time it takes me to process my monthly work - what I want to know is if there is a way to have the comment font color added to the Quick Access Toolbar or some other way to quickly change the color of selected text within a comment.

Thanks for your time and efforts, it's appreciated!

-=ZM=-

P.S. - and by the way, it's always been annoying to me that the "repeat (F4)" feature has never worked in cell comments!! Is there a way to set that up in Office 2007???

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocbudda

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back