Formatting Issue

ExcelAtEverything

Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
In an Excel "YTD report" which is sent to me, I am copying an entire sheet, and pasting into a blank sheet in my own seperate workbook. There are two columns of importance in this report": In column B are dates & times but only appearing as a dates (because row B is formatted as custom > dd/mm/yy). The 2nd column of importance is column AE which contain dollar amounts (of sales from the corresponding dates).

I'm trying to use SUMIF in my own sheet pull all totals from yesterday. The formula below is what I have:
=SUMIF('YTD Report'!B:B,TODAY()-1,'YTD Report'!AE:AE)

The formula however is returning "$0.00". I am certain that the reason for this has to do with row B on the pasted in sheet. Again, each cell in row B contains not just a date, but a time:
(01/02/21 8:25:43 AM) for example... even though only the date is visible when looking at the cell because its formatted to custom > dd/mmyy.
In fact, if I replace a couple of those cells in row b with a manually typed in "01/02/02", it then starts adding them up correctly. So my question is this: Is it possible to adjust my SUMIF formula to look only to the date in that cell without the need to make adjustments to the YTD report?

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
If i understand you need a sumifs:

=SUMIFS('YTD Report'!B:B,'YTD Report'!AE:AE,">="&TODAY()-1,'YTD Report'!AE:AE,"<"&TODAY())

Upvote 0
Thanks Steve. Unfortunately that returns "$0.00" as well. What exactly it that formula doing/ If I know that, then maybe I can figure out if it's something with the report itsef, or perhaps I miscommunicated some info. Thx

Upvote 0
Another option to consider:
Excel Formula:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(INT('YTD Report'!B:B)=TODAY()-1),'YTD Report'!AE:AE)

Upvote 0
I think Steve's formula just had a couple terms switched:
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS('YTD Report'!AE:AE,'YTD Report'!B:B,">="&TODAY()-1,'YTD Report'!B:B,"<"&TODAY())

Upvote 0
Solution
Thx KRice, but I don't think that's addressing the root of the formatting issue which seems to be not reading the date part only in column B, because this returns a #VALUE! error.

Upvote 0
Are you sure your dates are dates? In a spare cell by any date test that cell using =ISNUMBER(A1) but change the A1 to the real cell address

Upvote 0
I think Steve's formula just had a couple terms switched:
Excel Formula:
=SUMIFS('YTD Report'!AE:AE,'YTD Report'!B:B,">="&TODAY()-1,'YTD Report'!B:B,"<"&TODAY())
That got it! Bam!Thank you KRICE! (and Steve The Fish!)

Upvote 0
To take something away you use a conditional sum to say 'if this cell equals this then sum the adjacent cells'. A date and time is not equal to just a date so what you originally wrote could never work. What these new formulas do is say is the date/time greater than today-1 but also less than today. This will encompass all date/times within any particular date.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back