Formatting more than a months worth of seconds

schishol

First, let me clarify that I am NOT trying to "convert" seconds to a "# of days, #of hrs, # of mins" ... I am trying to take a cell that has a number of seconds already in it, but I would like it "displayed (formatted) to show "# of days, #of hrs, # of mins".

I'm struggling with finding a custom format that would do this. Anybody know of any solutions? Placing [] around h, m, or s will make them cumulative, but I'm not aware of a "day" equivalent.

Example: 5093600 ... It would be ideal if I could have it displayed as 58 days, 22 hrs, 53 min.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
If you need all details at same time in terms of #of day , #of hrs , #of minutes, Then I doubt that you will get that just doing formatting.

Upvote 0
For days exceeding 31, formatting won't work. You would need a formula, and the result would be text.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For days exceeding 31, formatting won't work. You would need a formula, and the result would be text.

I believe you are correct, but I thought I would throw it out there in case there is a hidden "just do it" excel button I haven't found yet.

Upvote 0
No hidden button that I'm aware of.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back