formatting the cells without losing certain data

Bonn K

:rolleyes:

I have to enter results from a survey into an excel database. There is a coding system that I have to go by. A couple of participants in the survey entered more than one answer for certain questions but the cell formatting only allows for one value to be entered in the cell therefore the second answer is lost. How can i accomodate for this without losing data and destroying the function and purpose of the survey?

I really would appreciate any help that you could give me.

BK

Excel Facts

How to fill five years of quarters?
Type 1Q-2023 in a cell. Grab the fill handle and drag down or right. After 4Q-2023, Excel will jump to 1Q-2024. Dash can be any character.
Hi BK:

Welcome to MrExcel Board!

Your description is very clear. However, it is hard to visualize what you are working with, what and how you are formating -- and how the second answer gets lost.

How about posting some sample data, explaining how you are working with it -- using HTMLmaker (Colo's Cool utility) downloadable from the bottom of this MrExcel page -- and then let us take it from there.

Upvote 0
Yogi,

I downloaded the stuff and I pasted the html code onto here but it doesnt come out?! Help please!

Upvote 0
Hi BK:

If you downloaded the HTMLmaker successfully, it would have been installed as an Add-in in your EXCEL application -- and you will see a menu item HTML next to Help on the main menu bar. But it appears that you have got it successfully installed -- but I thought just in case.

Now with HTMLmaker having been successfully installed, you select part of the worksheet that you want to convert to HTML, click on the HTML in menu bar, and there are clear instructions from there on. Please note that in your post you will not see the data you are trying to post, you will see JavaScript code.

If you have additional questions, there are a number of posts regarding the use of HTMlmaker on the Board -- you may want to search for those and look at them. Good Luck!

Upvote 0
Yogi,

I paste the HTML code and when I submit it, all i see is a big blank, i've done everythign the instructions have told me to do but i still have no luck
:(

Upvote 0
Hi BK:

As I suggested earlier, do a search on the Board for Colo's Cool utility, or HTMlmaker and see if you can find an answer in one of those posts -- and if you can not resolve that, send me a PM, and I will give you my email address so if you want to you can email me part of your worksheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danni317

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back