Formatting VBA Needed

nrguerrieri

Office Version
  1. 365
Hello,

So i have an excel table with 9 columns and 10,000 rows. I would like every row in column C to be searched and every cell checks the other cells in column C for any other cell with the same 5 starting characters and then each one that is the same as the other. Those cells have their entire row filled in light grey.

Thanks,

Nick

Excluding the hidden rows from the data validation list is far beyond of my attempt to solve the original question.
However, following article might help to see how SUBTOTAL approach might be used to display only visible cells in the data validation list:

Also, instead of a strikethrough. Can we make it so the whole row turns into a green fill?
At the formatting step, you would chose fill instead of font strikethrough as it was explained in the first conditional formatting rule above.

Then I would like to make a last column that says "On-Boarded'". Then for each row that has green fill, the last column will say "Yes". To show we got that business.
You would need more than the solution method I provided here for this. Conditional formatting has nothing to do with altering cell content, but cell's displayed format only.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back