Formel problem: Selecting the most urgent date out of a list

BumbleBee20

Hello,

I attached a sample file so that you have a better idea what I mean. In the column A I have the name of the companies and in the cells E3 to AW3 I have different tasks that need to be done one after one. The cells E5 to AW5 then contain the date till a task is due (deadline date) and the date of the finished task ("task was done at" date).

I am struggling with the following problems:

1.) In row 4 you can see that some tasks have a %. I would like to have a formula that shows me the process status in cell D5. If for example the task in cell E5 is finished and I wrote a date in this cell, the formula should produce a 5% bar in the cell D5. After the task in G5 is finished the bar in D5 should be on 10% and so on.

2.) I would like to have a formula that shows me in cell C5 the most urgent date of all the deadline date in row 5, so that I immediately know when the next deadline is.
I try to solve this problem with the formula =Min() but the problem is that the deadlines that are already in the past where shown in cell D5 instead of the most urgent one from today's point of view.

3.) This refers to the second problem. I would like to have a formula that shows in cell B5 the next task that has to be done according to the most urgent date from cell C5. For example if the most urgent date is the date form cell E5 I would like to have the date of E5 in the cell C5 and the associated task from cell E3 in the cell B5

I hope that you can understand my thoughts.

Thank you very much for your help!

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Reported as cross posted Question about selecting the most urgent date out of a list

While we do allow Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back