Formula Based on Result of Drop Down Box

Chris Waller

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Morning All, I am after a little help with a formula this morning to determine a specific date.

On my Spreadsheet In cell E2 there is a dropdown box which contains a number of financial years in the format yyyy/yyyy. The actual data is held on another spreadsheet.
What I would like to do is when I choose a different financial year I would like all the dates in column B to change to the run date for that specific year.

I would like to display in column B the 8th of the month (Starting in April to the following March) OR the first working day after the 8th i.e. excluding weekends and bank holidays.

I have an area below the dates which contains all the bank holidays and I believe I have managed to link this to the dropdown so that when this is changed, the bank holidays change to the relevant year. I just need a little help sorting the formula for the run dates. TIA

Excel Facts

Links? Where??
If Excel says you have links but you can't find them, go to Formulas, Name Manager. Look for old links to dead workbooks & delete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back