Formula covers the cell

lezawang

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi
Let say I want to write a function in cell A1 and I want to select B1 as an argument to that function. When I start typing the function in A1, the whole function syntax, will cover B1 and I wont be able to select (click) on B1. I watched before a video from ExcelisFun and he showed how to fix that. I do not recall it how and can not find the video. Maybe not ExcelisFun. Thank you.

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
When you strat typing the formula if you want to refer to B1 simply right arrow to that cell, then continue typing the formula

Upvote 0
Solution
I think you can just hover the mouse cursor near the edge of the popup formula box...and you'll see a cross shaped directional symbol appear. Then just drag the box to a different location.

Upvote 0
Thank you. No it is not the box that describe the function is the problem. It is the function itself the problem or lets say if i have nested functions.. then these functions will cover the next cell. The right arrow is now what I remember was the solution. Thank you all for the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back