Formula deleted

manjuru

Board Regular
Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for your support till now.

I have a consolidated sheet where i had put some Vlookup,if, formulas for some cells in my sheet many of my collegues will be updating data in to that sheet some time by mistakely some formula cells deleted and it will difficult to find the cell where the formula is deleted.

Is there any way if formula is deleted in some cell then the color of the cell the should change to Red.

other way we can protect cell but thing is I have too many formula in different cells..

Can any one help me.....

Regards
Manju

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
other way we can protect cell but thing is I have too many formula in different cells..
No you don't!
First select the whole range that's being used or will be used on that sheet, then go into Format cells… and uncheck the box that's labelled "Locked" on the Protection tab.
Now select any single cell, press function key F5, click the Special… button and choose Formulas and ensure (all 4 sub-checkboxes are also checked), then OK. Now with these cells selected, go back into Format cells… and check the Locked box, click OK. Finally, don't forget to protect the sheet.

Upvote 0
Maybe conditional formatting?

Cell Value - Not Equal To - your formula - cell fill RED

But if you have a LOT of different formulas there may be a more guru-like solution! :)

EDIT: Told ya :biggrin:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WORKINGWITHNOLEADER

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back