Formula Fails to Update when referenced values are entered

modorific

I have a 2 sheet workbook, one of which contains a table with the following formula:

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(Data!$A$1:$K$999,SMALL(IF(Data!$A$1:$K$999='Group P2 Grid'!$C$170,ROW(Data!$A$1:$K$999)),ROW(Data!$2:$999)),3)),"",INDEX(Data!$A$1:$K$999,SMALL(IF(Data!$A$1:$K$999='Group P2 Grid'!$C$170,ROW(Data!$A$1:$K$999)),ROW(Data!2:1003)),3))

Wherein if somebody enters a coded value (i.e., XH, XL, XM) into a column in the 'Data' sheet, the table should populate with the data in column 3 on the data sheet.

The formula was working previously, but it now no longer updates automatically. What do I need to do to get my table to populate with the results of the formula above? I am clearly very confused.

Thank you!
:confused:

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Hi & Welcome,

Turn on auto calculation

Assuming excel 2003

Tools -> options -> calculation

Then ensure automatic is the option selected

Try also F9 as a one off calculation

Upvote 0
I checked and my auto calc is already on (i'm using 07, where it's under the start button and excel options), i also F9ed and even used Shift+F9 to no avail. I should have written that in my first post. Sorry.

Upvote 0
The formula was working previously, but it now no longer updates automatically.

So, it was working previously but won't update automatically. Is it updating at all? You mention that you have checked for the automatic calculation, as well as F9...So you are saying that it doesn't update at all now?

Upvote 0
it doesn't update at all now. All of a sudden, blanks everywhere. I enter into the cell to Ctrl+Shift+Enter, nothing. I've done a find and replace on the = key, replacing with =, nothing. totally bizarre. If i change the value it is referencing, nothing. Now, it shows that it is calculating, but the results never appear.

Upvote 0
it doesn't update at all now. All of a sudden, blanks everywhere. I enter into the cell to Ctrl+Shift+Enter, nothing. I've done a find and replace on the = key, replacing with =, nothing. totally bizarre. If i change the value it is referencing, nothing. Now, it shows that it is calculating, but the results never appear.

Hmm I'm out of ideas unless you could supply some more info to go with?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanurai

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back