Formula for > 1. Listing all unique Words in a Cell Range alphabetically, then > 2. Listing the Total Count for each Word

DataQuestioner

Board Regular
ABC
1CELLS WITH TEXT TO BE COUNTEDAlphabetical WORD LIST from Column 'A' CELLSWORD COUNT from Column 'A'
2Test text in hereEven1
3More test text hereFinal1
4Even more text herehere4
5Final test text herein1
6more1
7More1
8test2
10Test1
11text4

<tbody>
</tbody>

This particular Formula Array request may take some explaining...so please be patient with me as I try to detail the problem. If my explanation is not definitive enough then please ask for clarification. OK, here we go >

1. Cells A2:A5 (this could be an range running up to 1000s of cells in the 'A' column) contains the Text that needs to be searched (each cell could contain up to 100 words that will exclusively contain letters - no numbers, symbols or punctuation).
2. I'm looking for a Formula that can search all of the Words in the 'A' column Range, and then list each unique word (case sensitive) as shown in the 'B' column, in alphabetical order.
3. The 'C' column will provide the Word Count for each Word listed in column 'B'.

NOTE: I have tried taking the Words in column 'A' and using the "Data/Text to Columns" command to put each word occurrence in a different cell, and then using the "Filter" command to list each column in alphabetical order, and finally using the "=COUNT" command to total the "Filter" list, but this is too cumbersome and time consuming.

There must be a more efficient way of doing this. Thanks.

BUMP

I need someone to make some improvements to Hiker95's code in Post #25 - it's returning some bugs that I need removed.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
Good Day

This output is exactly what i need also. I am using Excel 2010. I am not familiar with VB but am willing to give it a shot.

I followed the instructions above. When i try to run this macro, i am getting "Run-Time error '13' Type Mismatch

In Debub, the error statement is highlighted below.:

a = Range("A2:A" & Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row)
For i = LBound(a, 1) To UBound(a, 1)
If InStr(Trim(a(i, 1)), " ") = 0 Then
d(a(i, 1)) = 1
ElseIf InStr(Trim(a(i, 1)), " ") > 0 Then

Any ideas? All of my date is in column A of the worksheet

Many thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alrossman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back