Formula for 4 sheets

noelmus

Board Regular
Hi,
Is it possible that a formula in a workbook work separately for 4 sheets in the same workbook? All you have to remember is that the answer comes out from the same cell of the formula.

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
I don't think it is quite clear what you want to do. I think we need more details.
Can you be more specific into exactly what you are trying to do?

Upvote 0
OK,
Let say have 4 sheets ( from sheet 1 to sheet 4) and in sheet 5 I have a formula which is very complex. So I'm going to give a simple example what I need.
In sheet 5, I have C3=Sheet1!A1 and D3=Sheet1!B1. The addition of C3 and D3 is in cell E3. So in Sheet 1 when I write in A1 and B1, the answer appears in cell E3 of sheet 5. Then I have cell A12 of sheet 1=Sheet5!E3. So the final answer appears in cell A12 of sheet 1.
Now I also need that In sheet 5, I will have C3=Sheet2!A1 and D3=Sheet2!B1. So again the addition of C3 and D3 is in cell E3 and again I need that cell A12 of sheet 2=Sheet5!E3.
So my first problem is that I can't put 2 formulas in one cell. Second problem is that If I update sheet 1, cell A12 of Sheet 4 becomes equal to cell A12 of Sheet 1.
So all I want is that when I populate cells A1 and A2 of sheet 1, answer does not affect cell A12 in Sheet 2.

Thanks

Upvote 0
I am very confused as to why you are doing this. What is the end goal, ultimate puprose here?
Why are you trying to use the same ranges in Sheet5 for so many different purposes?
And why not just have cell A12 on Sheets 1-4 pull from from cells A1 and B1 on those same sheets, instead of pulling from Sheet 5?
What is the purpose of going to the cell references on Sheet5, which are just cell references back to the Sheet you are trying trying to update?

Upvote 0
No problem, I told you that the formula is a little bit complex and the example I gave was a simple one.
I try another way.

Thanks a lot

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back