Formula for calculating 30% growth

HCRSnyder

I currently have YTD operating Income which I've annualized. So I've taken that figure and multiplied it by 1.3 to get a 30% growth figure. Now I need to put into a spreadsheet and graph how much each division needs to gain in order to achieve 30% growth on a monthly basis over the next 16 months. How do I write the formula that will give me 30% growth on a monthly basis for the next 16 months compounded?

JRS

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
I just need to clarify this.

Whilst I'm no expert on financial reporting, I can cope with compound interest, etc.

Are you asking how to convert a 30% annual growth back to a monthly percentage which, when compounded over the 12 months comes to 30% which is then taken over 16 months?

Upvote 0
Not sure! Say I have 10 divisions. Each is supposed to bring in 1 million a month. However, say they are not at a million. How do I project how much they'd have to bring in more than they are currently bringing in each month to reach 30% growth by the end of 2007

JRS

Upvote 0
Sorry, but another question or two.

So the 30% is for the 16 months, is it?

When you say they are supposed to bring in 1m per month is that plus the 30% growth or excluding? In other words are you expecting 16m or 20.8m at the end of 2007 - assuming 16 months?

Upvote 0
ok -- I have monthly figures through August 2006 (actual figures). I am then projecting based on those figures what Sept 06 through Dec 2007 will be. I've figured my overall 30% growth figure by the end of Dec 2007 to be 98 million. What $ figure in sales does each division need to reach in order to achieve that figure? So we'd be looking at doing 30% more each month. -- so I guess in my previous example it would be the 20.8 m by the end of 6 months.

Hope that helps. Thanks for your help also.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmmotairi

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back