Formula for inventory tracking with Serial Number

AlexLelio

Hi,

I have an excel file to keep track of inventory.
1st tab is an overview of the quantity available for each item. column A "Product Code", column B "Description", column C "Qty on 12/1/12", column D "Qty In", Column E "Qty Out", Column F "Total on Hand".
2nd tab in the tab where I insert all items added to inventory which is reflect on the first tab's column D through a countif formula.
3rd tab is the one where I insert all items removed from inventory which is reflect on the first tab's column E through a countif formula.
Both 2nd and 3rd tab have these columns A Date, B Product Code, C Serial Number, D Location, E Cost. (we have 2 places where equipment is stored).
I would like to have 2 other tabs, each would list the items in each location. The idea would be that any time I put an item in the 2nd tab of the document, it would be added to the appropriate location and when this same item (recognized by serial number) would be added to the 3rd tab, it would no longer show up on the list of equipment available at the given location.

Your help is GREATLY appreciated! Please let me know if more clarification is needed.

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
I think you could add 2 columns to the 2nd tab.
one column describes where that part/serial number is stored
the other column does a vlookup of the serial number to the 3rd tab. Then if you want to see whats on hand you just filter that column to exclude matches from the 3rd tab...

Upvote 0
Thank you. That sounds like a good idea. I'm not familiar with Vlookup formula though. Could you please elaborate?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back