Formula help for multiple lookups over two sheets

CLD32

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and not very experienced with formulas in excel.

I've created a workload planner which has multiple rows for each person based on the aspect of work they will be completing each day. Basically I now want to have a simplified table on a second sheet that will auto populate based on any updates to the detailed planner, that just shows one line for each person and whether they have work scheduled on each day.

So basically, can I use a formula for looking up a persons name on multiple rows on one sheet and combining this on to one row on another sheet within the same workbook? I have the people set up in a dynamic table so can use the table nomenclature if this will work.

I'm not sure how to add a screenshot but that would probably explain it better.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi,

Not sure I understand what exactly you are looking for. Do you just want to check based on a distinct list of people whether they appear at least one time with a given data in another sheet/table?

For that a COUNTIFS would do if you want to use formulas (though the easiest would be to use a Pivot table instead)

Assuming your user names are in column A, task dates are in B, you can have a summary table like this:
EFG
1=TODAY()=TODAY()+1
2Jake=COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$9,$E2,$B$2:$B$9,F$1)=COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$9,$E2,$B$2:$B$9,G$1)
3Julie=COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$9,$E3,$B$2:$B$9,F$1)=COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$9,$E3,$B$2:$B$9,G$1)
4Adam=COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$9,$E4,$B$2:$B$9,F$1)=COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$9,$E4,$B$2:$B$9,G$1)
5Sophie=COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$9,$E5,$B$2:$B$9,F$1)=COUNTIFS($A$2:$A$9,$E5,$B$2:$B$9,G$1)

<tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denissimo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back