Formula Help! Match, VLOOKUP and sum to date range

mattfitzy

Hi There,

I'm looking for some assistance with a formula I've been stewing over for a couple of days now and would appreciate some assistance.

I am putting together a spreadsheet to help with forecasting where I have an input template that will feed a formulated forecasting vs. actual calc, and I need to calculate a rate for the month (by a category) multiplied by a dollar value.

Tab one will be known as my forecast spreadsheet, and I will explain below. This is where I need to enter a formula to calculate total cost for the month, by category, being 'Project Resource' or 'Vendor Resource'

Cell A6: "Project Resource"
Cell A7: "Vendor Resource"

Cell C5: Cell CN: Months (Oct-2018, Nov-2018, Dec-2018 etc.)

The formula to calculate a total dollar figure will be sitting in C6:N6 (against project resource) and vice verser for Vendor Resources in C7:N7.

Tab two is my data input template. It is a 'calendar' type worksheet showing each person working on the project, the forecasted days they will work into the future, their rate and if they are a project or vendor resource. I need to look up this data, sum their days worked in the month, categorise them by vendor or project and multiply by their rate.

A7:A29 is the Employee on the project
C7:C29 is if they are a project or vendor resource
E7:E29 is the employee's rate $
F7:F29 is day one on the project, G7:G29 is day two, etc. forecasted to Cell NQ7:NQ29 (each column is one day, and not all resources are forecasted to work each day)

To summarise, I need total forecasted cost of each resource type (project or vendor) by month, using a daily calendar type input.

Hopefully I have explained this well enough. It's a bit complicated.

Thanks,
Matt

All good - I have fixed it. It was missing a 'greater than' value in the opening date formula.

Thank you!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Guy Boot

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back