Formula help - need some guidance

Camel123

Board Regular
Hello guys,

Would appreciate some guidance. I have three sheets named "check", "current" and "previous". Column description in all sheets are B= product number, C= purchase price, D= sales price.

"Current", values: B3= 77, C3= 100, D3= 150

"Previous", same values appear on a different row: B10=77, C10= 120, D10= 150.

"Check": in this sheet, indicate whether there have been any changes in the information related to product number 77. In this case indicate "Change" on C3 vs C10 and "Unchanged" on D3 vs D10.

I created a formula that works if the information for the specific product is on the same row number but that might not be the case everywhere so I need a work-around on this:

In the "Check" sheet column C= purchase price
=IF(($B3)="";"";IF(C$2=current!C$2;IF(EXACT(current!C3;previous!C3);"Unchanged";"Changed")))

In the "Check" sheet column D= sales price
=IF(($B3)="";"";IF(D$2=current!D$2;IF(EXACT(current!D3;previous!D3);"Unchanged";"Changed")))

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Could compare 2 vlookups maybe?

Purchase price
=IF(B3="","",IF(VLOOKUP(B3,Current!B:C,2,0)=VLOOKUP(B3,Previous!B:C,2,0),"Unchanged","Changed"))

Sales Price
=IF(B3="","",IF(VLOOKUP(B3,Current!B:D,3,0)=VLOOKUP(B3,Previous!B:D,3,0),"Unchanged","Changed"))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you mate it works, though I need to change the column index manually and I have loads of columns. Could you maybe replace vlookup with index/match and then I will try to understand and interpret the formula? I will try do it myself until response :)

Upvote 0
Thank you mate it works, though I need to change the column index manually and I have loads of columns. Could you maybe replace vlookup with index/match and then I will try to understand and interpret the formula? I will try do it myself until response :)

You mean like this?

=IF(B4="","",IF(INDEX(Current!C:C,MATCH(Check!B4,Current!B:B,0))=INDEX(Previous!C:C,MATCH(Check!B4,Previous!B:B,0)),"Unchanged","Changed"))

Upvote 0
Thanks a lot mate, really appreciate it since I am also learning from it. Clear to me on how it functions and what all functions does!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffman431a

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back