Formula Help Needed

L

Legacy 48831

I have this formula:

=IF(A2="2400 PSI",IF(F2>"3",F2*D2,F2*C2))

But I need to add basically the same formula 3 more times. I cant figure out how to write the formula:

=IF(A2="2400 PSI",IF(F2>"3",F2*D2,F2*C2)) + =IF(A2="4500 PSI",IF(F2>"3",F2*D2,F2*C2)) + =IF(A2="5000 PSI",IF(F2>"3",F2*D2,F2*C2)) + =IF(A2="6000 PSI",IF(F2>"3",F2*D2,F2*C2))

I know the example I have is not correct but I can't seem to figure it out. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
I don't think I understand what you are trying to do here. Can you provide an explanation of what the data is and what result you are trying to get out of the formula you are asking for?

Joe

Upvote 0
Sure, Basically I have a value that is placed in cell A2 from a dropdown selection on another sheet. Based upon the value the formula needs to look at another cell to see if it is greater than or less than a set value if it is greater then the function should multiply a cell by another cell to get a total value. But the formula is looking at A2 which changes its value based upon the users selection, when this happens the multiplication is based upon other cells in the sheet.

Upvote 0
OK, I think I understand what you want. I think I was confused by the fact that all of your example if statements used the same mathematical equations regardless of which pressure rating appeared. Using your example function as a basis, I think this is the function that you are looking for.

=IF(A2="2400 PSI",IF(F2>"3",F2*D2,F2*C2),IF(A2="4500 PSI",IF(F2>"3",F2*D2,F2*C2),IF(A2="5000 PSI",IF(F2>"3",F2*D2,F2*C2),IF(A2="6000 PSI",IF(F2>"3",F2*D2,F2*C2)))))

This function will look at A2 for four different pressures and return one of two numerical results, depending on the value in cell F2 being greater or less than 3. Granted, you will have to update the formula so that it returns different results for each pressure range as required.

Is that what you were looking for?
Joe

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back