Formula Help: Not Correctly Reading Cell Info

aspence

Board Regular
I have a formula that is compairing the data between two columns to make sure the information I have is correct.

The formula is run in column C.
In column A is a model type (e.g. z310a, 9000, w580i black).
In column B is the code for the model number (e.g. 16EA5, A56B8, 94CC9). Each model in Column A has a specific code number.

The formula compares the model type against the model code and makes sure they match.
This is a small example of how the formula is set up:
=IF(AND(B2="16EA5",A2="Z310a BLACK"),"Good",IF(AND(B2="A56B8",A2="9000"),"Good","Bad"))

Now, keep in mind the information in column A and B is exported from a secondary source, I am having issues with the formula when the model in Column A is only numbers (e.g. 9000) but the formula works properly with models that contain letters (e.g. z310a).
I have tried formatting the cells both before and after the information is exported to the worksheet. I made sure there were no additional spaces before or after each of the numbered information. For whatever reason, the formula does not properly identify the information in Column A when it is only numbers and no letters.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Well, I was figuring because all the information was text that the ones that were only numbers were text as well.

As far as I can tell your suggestion worked properly.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back