Formula help please?

Newguy1924

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, I am really really new to this excel formula game, but I am stuck. I recently gave in a grievance letter at work because of pay discrepancies, now I have my clocking times. Now I want to know, my clocking times are in the format 2021/04/13 21:15. I am aware one can seperate the time from date and visa versa. The times are in list form, and I need to write a "month-to-month calander" which shows my clocking times on any given day, and also then calculates my hours, and a block where I enter my rate per hour and it calculates a before deductions amount. I generated a sheet that can calculate all this, but since the clocking times are in a list is there a way to get them into their respective days without having to drag them there individually like this moron has been doing?

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
You stated " which shows my clocking times on any given day". Can you post a few examples to show what you require.

N.B. If your spreadsheet shows real dates and times, you can custom format the dates to show for Tue Apr 13, 2021 .... ddd will show Tue.

Upvote 0
I hope you can see, the upload size on the site is very small, I had to open it on my phone and take a screenshot.

This is what I have so far, yellow represents off days, blue is hours worked, dates are vertical with individual days horizontally, in the orange it calculates the time worked, and I can input a formula to calculate hours, but my clocking times are in list format, excel though but a list, so I am entering each time at its respective cell by moving each and every one to where it should be. There must be an easier way. Please help!

Attachments

• 20210413_215550.jpg
    20210413_215550.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 0
NB it does not have to be the same format, anything else that will display all this info and which I can add my formulas to calculate a before deductions amount, and that I can maybe import my clocking times istead of doing it one by one or anything else.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back