Formula Help - Possibly logest / linest

HughJars

Hi

Hope someone can help me with a formula involving multiple x's to find a y

I have a series of x variables, some of which affect the value of y and some do not. I need help creating a formula that if I put in the x variables, and the y value, it will give me the multipliers for the x's. I am unsure if it is linear or not.

Have I explained that correctly? example of x's and y's below.

X Values

<tbody>
</tbody>

Y values for the respective Variables above.

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Has anyone got any ideas please - I'm pulling out what little hair i have left :(

If I knew which X variables were involved, I could just use a std regression, or am I really just looking at trial and error?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I'm afraid I don't completely understand what you're after. The x values look random... Do you just want the ratios of each x value to the given y value? How do you mean some affect the y value and some don't? If only some are legitimately part of some mathematical relationship, I don't quite get how you'll determine which are and which aren't.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I can explain it better. Those y values are the result of a formula influenced by only some of those x values. Some have no effect, and I know there is a constant involved somewhere. I think it is probably linear.

What I'm trying to do is work out which ones are involved and which ones aren't. Is there a way of doing this, or will i have to just trial and error with the ones I think are involved.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back