Formula Help #Value on ABS

zone709

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
HI this works, but if I am returning 0 right I get #value . I would like to return nothing if there is nothing if I can

=ABS(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B2,'Paychex (2)'!$D$2:$Z$300,5,0)+0,0)+ABS(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B2,'Paychex (2)'!$D$2:$Z$300,7,0)+0,0)))*(S2)

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
if its retuning #value its not returning 0

one of easiest fixes for #value is just start formula with If(cellwithdata="" or 0 or whatever is messn it up,"",then start your formula)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In some cells there is nothing in S2 then some have numbers. I am just getting the #value when there is nothing in S2

Upvote 0
ok i just did Iferror and i get zero which is a better start, but how do i retuen just blank. Nothing i dont want or need the 0?

=IFERROR(ABS(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B2,'Paychex (2)'!$D$2:$Z$300,5,0)+0,0)+ABS(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B2,'Paychex (2)'!$D$2:$Z$300,7,0)+0,0)))*(S2),0)

Upvote 0
Just change the 0 ( zero ) to Blank ( "" )

=IFERROR(ABS(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B2,'Paychex (2)'!$D$2:$Z$300,5,0)+0,0)+ABS(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B2,'Paychex (2)'!$D$2:$Z$300,7,0)+0,0)))*(S2),"")

Upvote 0
Just change the 0 ( zero ) to Blank ( "" )

=IFERROR(ABS(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B2,'Paychex (2)'!$D$2:$Z$300,5,0)+0,0)+ABS(IFERROR(VLOOKUP(B2,'Paychex (2)'!$D$2:$Z$300,7,0)+0,0)))*(S2),"")

Thanks for the help guys

Upvote 0
Hi back again had one more question. I added "" which works now, but is there anyway to also add "" and 0 because it picks up 0 if its zero and rather it just blank also?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB_Unlv

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back