formula help with text "yes, "no" already have formula just need it revised

steve89

Board Regular
hello i have this formula

=IFERROR(IF($BQ$24=13,IF($BL$26=0,"yes","no")&TEXT($BL$26/BL$26,),"NO"),"yes")

i want the formula to know the following because it works to an extent
if BL26 = 0 then "NO"
if BQ24 = 13 then "YES"

thank you

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
What is the relationship between BL26 and BQ24? Will they ever have a value at the same time? If yes, what happens when BL26 = 0 AND BQ24 = 13?

Otherwise, perhaps something like this:

=IF(BL24=0,"NO",IF(BQ24=13,"YES",""))

Upvote 0
that works perfectly but can we somehow put also in that formula if BL26 equals 0 then "no"

Upvote 0
Oh, you're right. Change the BL24 to 26. I typo'd it seems.

Upvote 0
thank you i revised it with this:

=IF(BQ24=12,"yes",IF(BQ24=13,"no",""))

but the problem is the formula needs to know that also if BL27 =12 then return "NO" also is that possible to include? thanks so much again

Upvote 0
thank you i revised it with this:

=IF(BQ24=12,"yes",IF(BQ24=13,"no",""))

but the problem is the formula needs to know that also if BL27 =12 then return "NO" also is that possible to include? thanks so much again

Ok, so back to my first question.. What is the relationship between the two cells? Should BL27 be checked first? Walk me through the logic if you can please, from the first step to the last.

Upvote 0
okay got it -- so on my worksheet there's a calendar where conditions are entered. Now this worksheet can be used for ever so if I'm non 2018 and i enter an employee had "EG/IG" that means there were evaluated and received and increase. If "EG/NI" that means an evaluation was administered but an increase to there pay rate was denied. when BQ24 =13 then cell U4 which reads "increase giving" it would say "no". Which the formula does right now correctly. When BQ24=12 then that means an increase was giving and it reads "YES" which also works correctly. But when i turn the calendar to 2017 and BL27 = 0 it should say no because previous cant use the same formula provided without the formula knowing zero on the particular call has to say "no" Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Ok, I think I understand. How about this:

=IF(BL27=0,"no",IF(BQ24=12,"yes",IF(BQ24=13,"no","")))

Upvote 0
thank you so much formulas keep colliding causing issues no fault to you trying to re write it -- can we incorporate if U4 = "NO" then then U5 should also = "NO"? i know its tricky im sorry i appreciate all your help.

Upvote 0
thank you so much formulas keep colliding causing issues no fault to you trying to re write it -- can we incorporate if U4 = "NO" then then U5 should also = "NO"? i know its tricky im sorry i appreciate all your help.

Is this formula being placed in U5?

If so, maybe this:

=IF(OR(BL27=0,U4="no"),"no",IF(BQ24=12,"yes",IF(BQ24=13,"no","")))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solitario

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back