formula help

pillr001

Hello,

I can't figure out what's not working with this formula,

For example this is the formula below. When I try and look into the WaxMan sheet it is returning 'FALSE' but when I do the mid-summer one it returns the value i'm looking for, both mid-summer and waxman sheets are identical, so something is wrong with the formula string.. can someone please advise. I think the bit in red is where it's going wrong, basically IF i cannot find what i want in the mid-summer one i want it to look into the waxman sheet

{=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Mid-Summer",D9,1)),INDEX('Mid-Summer'!D2:D4,MATCH(1,IF(B9='Mid-Summer'!A2:A4,IF(C9>='Mid-Summer'!B2:B4,IF(C9<='Mid-Summer'!C2:C4,1),INDEX(WaxMan!D2:D4,MATCH(1,IF(B9=WaxMan!A2:A4,IF(C9>=WaxMan!B2:B4,IF(C9<=WaxMan!C2:C4,1,0))))))))))}

Hi-Tech 285w13/04/2018 WaxManFALSE

<tbody>
</tbody>

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
Try this,

=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Mid-Summer",D9,1)),INDEX('Mid-Summer'!D2:D4,MATCH(1,IF(B9='Mid-Summer'!A2:A4,IF(C9>='Mid-Summer'!B2:B4,IF(C9<='Mid-Summer'!C2:C4,1),INDEX(WaxMan!D2:D4,MATCH(1,IF(B9=WaxMan!A2:A4,IF(C9>=WaxMan!B2:B4,IF(C9<=WaxMan!C2:C4,1))),0)))),0)))

Upvote 0
it does not seem to be working, still return 'false' the mid-summer is working and the sheet is exactly the same as the waxman sheet.. i'm really confused

Upvote 0
What does this formula return ?
=ISNUMBER(FIND("Mid-Summer",D9,1))

Panel Type Supplier Panel Price
WaxMan#N/A
Mid-Summer#N/A
WaxManFALSE

<tbody>
</tbody>

This looks into the supplier column, then determines what supplier sheet to look into.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i might be wrong but is your sheet named Wax-Man like in the supplier column? Because in your formula there is only WaxMan but it is Mid-Summer and ur sheet looks to be named Mid-Summer.

Upvote 0
i might be wrong but is your sheet named Wax-Man like in the supplier column? Because in your formula there is only WaxMan but it is Mid-Summer and ur sheet looks to be named Mid-Summer.

Oh no apologies, it's waxman in the spreadsheet.

Upvote 0
Hello,

I can't figure out what's not working with this formula,

For example this is the formula below. When I try and look into the WaxMan sheet it is returning 'FALSE' but when I do the mid-summer one it returns the value i'm looking for, both mid-summer and waxman sheets are identical, so something is wrong with the formula string.. can someone please advise. I think the bit in red is where it's going wrong, basically IF i cannot find what i want in the mid-summer one i want it to look into the waxman sheet

{=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Mid-Summer",D9,1)),INDEX('Mid-Summer'!D2:D4,MATCH(1,IF(B9='Mid-Summer'!A2:A4,IF(C9>='Mid-Summer'!B2:B4,IF(C9<='Mid-Summer'!C2:C4,1),INDEX(WaxMan!D2:D4,MATCH(1,IF(B9=WaxMan!A2:A4,IF(C9>=WaxMan!B2:B4,IF(C9<=WaxMan!C2:C4,1,0))))))))))}

Hi-Tech 285w13/04/2018 WaxManFALSE

<tbody>
</tbody>

So does anyone know what the problem is, i could upload to google sheets and see if you could work out whats wrong?

Upvote 0
oh i see it. you got '' for mid-summer but not for Waxman. so it should be INDEX('Waxman'!D2:D4,MATCH etc. For all the mid summers u used '' but for not one waxman u did.

Upvote 0
Its this isnt it:

=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Mid-Summer",D9)),INDEX('Mid-Summer'!D2:D4,MATCH(1,IF(B9='Mid-Summer'!A2:A4,IF(C9>='Mid-Summer'!B2:B4,IF(C9<='Mid-Summer'!C2:C4,1))),0)),INDEX(WaxMan!D2:D4,MATCH(1,IF(B9=WaxMan!A2:A4,IF(C9>=WaxMan!B2:B4,IF(C9<=WaxMan!C2:C4,1))),0)))

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back