Office Version
  1. 2019
  2. 2016
  3. 2013
  4. 2011
Platform
  1. Windows
I need help with this formula.
=IFERROR(INDEX(Spillerinfo!$D$2:$D$29998;MATCH(A40;Spillerinfo!$C$2:$C$29998;0))&" ("&INDEX(Spillerinfo!$F$2:$F$29998;MATCH(A40;Spillerinfo!$C$2:$C$29998;0))&")";"")

So what i am doing with this formula is look up players and their position on the field in the last part of the formula.
it brings up every player from each team and when there is no more players it shows ''( )'' in the cells, can anyone help me to get it to show blank if it cant find anymore players.

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
The easiest way would be to use SUBSTITUTE
Excel Formula:
=SUBSTITUTE(IFERROR(INDEX(Spillerinfo!$D$2:$D$29998;MATCH(A40;Spillerinfo!$C$2:$C$29998;0))&" ("&INDEX(Spillerinfo!$F$2:$F$29998;MATCH(A40;Spillerinfo!$C$2:$C$29998;0))&")";"");" ()";"")
Note that your formula appears as though it should be returning " ()" rather than the "( )" that you have entered in the second paragraph of your question.
If your formula is returning a space between the parentheses then you would need to add one into the formula in order for it to work.

Upvote 0
Other than the "( )" issue, does the formula perform the way you want it to? The formula will return a singular result for the first match found where A40=Spillerinfo!$C$2:$C$29998. Is that what you want? Your description sounds as if you expect the formula to return multiple results for anywhere that A40=Spillerinfo!$C$2:$C$29998, even multiple matches.

Upvote 0
Other than the "( )" issue, does the formula perform the way you want it to? The formula will return a singular result for the first match found where A40=Spillerinfo!$C$2:$C$29998. Is that what you want? Your description sounds as if you expect the formula to return multiple results for anywhere that A40=Spillerinfo!$C$2:$C$29998, even multiple matches.
yes, i have multiple formulas, so the formula in it self works just fine. its just when i have got every player from each team the ''( )'' shows up. just like this. i just want it to show blank when i have every player :)
Skjermbilde 2022-09-12 212027.png

Upvote 0
The easiest way would be to use SUBSTITUTE
Excel Formula:
=SUBSTITUTE(IFERROR(INDEX(Spillerinfo!$D$2:$D$29998;MATCH(A40;Spillerinfo!$C$2:$C$29998;0))&" ("&INDEX(Spillerinfo!$F$2:$F$29998;MATCH(A40;Spillerinfo!$C$2:$C$29998;0))&")";"");" ()";"")
Note that your formula appears as though it should be returning " ()" rather than the "( )" that you have entered in the second paragraph of your question.
If your formula is returning a space between the parentheses then you would need to add one into the formula in order for it to work.
Thanks alot mate, very helpful :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back