formula help

amna77

Hi, I group my data in excel sheet. Like I have main assy number and then all 5 or 10 sub components belong to that. when I sort by that then all sub component come under the main assy.

But any way, If I have a date in cell from A2:A10, then I want to put formula in cell A1. that which one is the higher value in from cell range A2:A10. What ever is the higer date, then plug that in Cell A1.

Any macro or formula will be great.

Thanks in advace.

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
Is it possible to use if function in there as well. Like =Max(A2:A10) is ok, but what if I have to look into the column C as well. My Spead sheet is kind of all messed up with lots of numbers and date. The way I group them, I create one hidden column and that is C, there I put dummy numbers, Like 101, or 102.

but is there a way that I can look into column C, like if column C has 101 number 15 times, then find max number only from those 15 values, and place that date in A2.
My column C is all mixed up with 101, and 102 and 103 numbers.

but In cell A1, I want max date from 101
in b1, I want max date for 102, and so on.
any help.
thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Thanks for reply. but my data is all mixed up. In Column c I have numbers, like 101, and 102. Now if i want to get the max value for 102 numbers which are in column C, then how would I do that. I have so many records, and basically I can't tell the range, so thats why I am using those numbers in column c. Like look in column C and if value equals 102 then give me the highest value from column A.

Any idea. Please help
thanks

Upvote 0
On 2002-11-05 13:57, amna77 wrote:
Thanks for reply. but my data is all mixed up. In Column c I have numbers, like 101, and 102. Now if i want to get the max value for 102 numbers which are in column C, then how would I do that. I have so many records, and basically I can't tell the range, so thats why I am using those numbers in column c. Like look in column C and if value equals 102 then give me the highest value from column A.

Any idea. Please help
thanks

I get mixed up like your data...

As I understand it, you have data in A from A2 on. You have numbers in C from ? on that you want to use to pickout a range from A from A2 on and dtermine the max value for that range. The max values so determined must appear where -- in B from B2 on?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back