Formula help

F1f3r2k6

Hi I was hoping someone could help me with a formula that I am already using. I have tried to submit a a view of my excel sheet but i keep getting an error so I will try and explain what I already have, and then I will explain what I would like to have, hopefully someone will be able to help after that.

Ok so I have

Column A------Coulmn B--------Column C-----etc
Dates-----------Name 1----------Name 2--------etc

These columns are then completed from a drop downlist;
AFK Posted
NO AFK Posted
Attended

Column B Row 27 Counts the AFK Posts
Coulmn B Row 28 Counts the NO AFK Posts
Column B Row 29 Counts the Attended

I used CountIf formula as suggested to me in another post I made and it works Great.

In Column B Row 30 I use this formula =(B27+B28)/25

This is totalling the AFK Posts and NO AFK Posts, I then divide it by 25 because I have 25 dates in Column A. I get the results to show as a percentage.
I have then placed =1-B30 in Column B Row 31 which gives me the opposite percentage in Column B Row 30

i.e.
If Column B Row 30 calculates to 20% then
Column B Row 31 calculkates to 80%

All of this is correct........Now where I need some help.

Having a NO AFK Post against a name is worse than having an AFK Post, so I would like that to reflect in the percentages.

i.e To make it easier I have 100 dates, 1 date = 1%

So someone has been "AFK Post" 20 times that would mean the figures would be 20% for Non-attendance and 80% for Attendance.

Another person has been "NO AFK Post" 20 times the figures would be exactly the same as the "AFK Post"....

I do not want this, I would like the "NO AFK Post" to carry more weight for example instead of showing 20% No attendance it would show 40% no attendance.

Is this at all possible, if so can someone help me please?

If it is not possible, can someone suggest a way that I can achieve what I am trying to do?

I hope the above makes sense, like I said at the beginning I have tried the HTML maker thingy but for some reason I am getting an error.

Anyway thanks in advance for reading my post, hopefully someone can help.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
OK I think I know how to solve this, I just don't know how to implement it into a formula.

the CountIf that I use =COUNTIF(B2:B26,"NO AFK Posts").....can I get it to count as 2 instead of 1 everytime NO AFK Post is selected?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rik81h

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back