Formula Help!

wazzaowl

Hi guys, newbie here.

I am creating a tote betting system for a race night we are having. I have managed to create all the necessary formulas. However I now need to create a column which tells me what odds you are getting for each horse. So I have got to the point where I have a column which states the return on a horse if £1 was to be staked. But how could I convert this into odds?

E.g.

Horse 1, £1 stake pays £5.60 including the stake.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Are you just wanting to show in the next column over the odds? For instance, if a horse earns you a total of 5.60 after putting 1.00 down, then the odds would be 5.60:1.00. If you want this displayed as odds and assuming the return (5.60) is in B1 and the amount wagered is in A1, it would be =CONCATENATE(B1,":",A1). If this isn't what you're looking for please explain further.

Upvote 0
Are you just wanting to show in the next column over the odds? For instance, if a horse earns you a total of 5.60 after putting 1.00 down, then the odds would be 5.60:1.00. If you want this displayed as odds and assuming the return (5.60) is in B1 and the amount wagered is in A1, it would be =CONCATENATE(B1,":",A1). If this isn't what you're looking for please explain further.

Hi there thanks for the reply! Yeah that is sort of what I need, but say it was £4.50 paid from a £1 bet then I would want odds of 9/2, just like you would see in a UK bookie. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back