Formula issue

abombesposito

Hey guys,

I am working on a excel sheet for work (cant share). This was created by another person. I a getting very inflated numbers when on the output. I tripled checked the table the If statement is running against and I see the data is correct. Please see below and attached.

Is this a data issue or forumula isssue?

=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A9,'BM Output'!$A$1:$L$218,6,FALSE)),"NA", VLOOKUP($A9,'BM Output'!$A$1:$L$218,6,FALSE))

1625754968445.png

I am getting the impression that this is not a form that you created yourself, but someone else did and you are just trying to maintain or change it.
I say that because it seems that you may not have a complete understanding of how this is all supposed to work, and how things are supposed to be related.

I went back and took a look at your document. Note that each section has three different rows, Gross, Net, and Benchmark. The formulas in these rows pull from different sheets. So you cannot copy the "Benchmark" formula to the "Gross" and "Net" rows, and expect it to show proper results (especially since the value listed in column A, which you are looking up, are often repeated). You can only copy the "Benchmark" formula to other "Benchmark" rows.

If the other rows formulas ("Gross" and "Net") need updating, you will want to update the original formula that was in there, using the format I should you in my earlier post.
Understood and yes, this is a spreadsheet I am adopting to maintain and update. Appreciate the help.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Understood and yes, this is a spreadsheet I am adopting to maintain and update. Appreciate the help.
OK. It is helpful for us to know what your involvement was, what your skill level is, and how much of the process you understand.
See if you are able to follow the instructions I gave you and get the correct formulas. If not, post back with the formula you tried (and the cell you put it in), and I will go back and pull up your original file and see if it looks right (I actually cannot access your file from the computer I am currently posting from, and have to go to another one to look at it).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back