FORMULA NOT WORKING, PLEASE HELP

1AG

Office Version
  1. 2011
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello, the following formula is working, partially. I have switched it around and tried other methods, seems so simple, but I believe I am making it more complicated, please help and thank you in advance!

The formula needed is: If cell C3 is equal to 1, then return blank and formula needs to go no further, but if not, then if range C3:F3 are all blank, then return the value in H2 and if not, then if cells D3 or E3 are equal to 1, then return the value in cell H2, if none of these apply, then return, " Needs Attention"

This is one of the formulas I have used.

IF(ISBLANK(C3:F3),H2,IF(OR(D3=1,E3=1),H2,IF(C3=1,"","NeedsAttention")))

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
yes, my mistake. Thank you for your help.
So, was the mistake in your original question, or the last follow-up?
Do you actually need it to return a blank if C3:F3 is blank?
And do you still need help with that part of the formula?

If your latest comments are correct, then maybe try:
VBA Code:
=IF(OR(COUNTBLANK(C3:F3)=4,C3=1),"",IF(OR(D3=1,E3=1),H2,"Needs Attention"))

Upvote 0
Hello, the following formula is working, partially. I have switched it around and tried other methods, seems so simple, but I believe I am making it more complicated, please help and thank you in advance!

The formula needed is: If cell C3 is equal to 1, then return blank and formula needs to go no further, but if not, then if range C3:F3 are all blank, then return the value in H2 and if not, then if cells D3 or E3 are equal to 1, then return the value in cell H2, if none of these apply, then return, " Needs Attention"

This is one of the formulas I have used.

IF(ISBLANK(C3:F3),H2,IF(OR(D3=1,E3=1),H2,IF(C3=1,"","NeedsAttention")))

How about
Excel Formula:
=IF(C3=1,"",IF(OR(COUNTA(C3:F3)=0,D3=1,E3=1),H2,"Needs Attention"))
Hello, I came across a problem in my worksheet. If cell range C3:F3 is either blank or contains 0 then return H2. Thank you for your help!

Upvote 0
Hello, I came across a problem in my worksheet. If cell range C3:F3 is either blank or contains 0 then return H2. Thank you for your help!
Did you see the new formula I posted in my last reply?

Upvote 0
So, was the mistake in your original question, or the last follow-up?
Do you actually need it to return a blank if C3:F3 is blank?
And do you still need help with that part of the formula?

If your latest comments are correct, then maybe try:
VBA Code:
=IF(OR(COUNTBLANK(C3:F3)=4,C3=1),"",IF(OR(D3=1,E3=1),H2,"Needs Attention"))
Mistake was in the follow up, I should have stated that the formula will not return H2, it returns blank if cell range C3:F3 is blank. Another formula was posted that I was able to use. Thank you!

Upvote 0
I should have stated that the formula will not return H2, it returns blank if cell range C3:F3 is blank
Yes, the formula I posted up in post 13 took this change into consideration, and should do that (I am guessing that you hadn't tried it).

Another formula was posted that I was able to use.
Where was this other formula posted?

Upvote 0
Yes, the formula I posted up in post 13 took this change into consideration, and should do that (I am guessing that you hadn't tried it).

Where was this other formula posted?
No I didn't try it, but thank you. The working formula was posted by @Fluff . IF(C3=1,"",IF(OR(COUNTBLANK(C3:F3)=4,D3=1,E3=1),H2,"Needs Attention"))

Upvote 0
No I didn't try it, but thank you. The working formula was posted by @Fluff . IF(C3=1,"",IF(OR(COUNTBLANK(C3:F3)=4,D3=1,E3=1),H2,"Needs Attention"))
But that formula returns H2 when C3:F3 are blank.
I thought that wasn't working for you, and you wanted it to return blank when C3:F3 are blank?
So I am a bit confused by your statement "Another formula was posted that I was able to use."...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back