Formula question

Rufus 2006

Board Regular
I have a formula I that I use in a spreadsheet and I don't want it to return a zero. Example: A1=75%, A3=2. B1=80%, B3=2. The formula is: =If(iserror(sum(A1*A3+B1*B3)/4),"",(sum(A1*A3+B1*B3)/4)) . The 4 is from A3+B3. The answer would appear in D2.

Everything is fine as it returns 77.5%. I have this formula in a column and then average the column using the average function. If there is no data entered in A1 to B3 it leaves D2 blank and doesn't average it in. However, if I enter data only in A3 and B3, D2 show 0.00% and this screws up my average caluculation.

Is there a way to to keep D2 from entering 0.00%?

I hope this is clear. If it isn't please let me know what I need to do to make it clearer. I am new to this board and haven't quite figured everything out yet.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give me.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Maybe

If(If(iserror(sum(A1*A3+B1*B3)/4),"",(sum(A1*A3+B1*B3)/4))=0,"",If(iserror(sum(A1*A3+B1*B3)/4),"",(sum(A1*A3+B1*B3)/4)))

lenze

Upvote 0
Farnuckl, and Lenze:

Thank you both very much for the quick replies. Sorry it took me so long in responding, but I had to go to work and just now got back to working on this.

Franuckl- The AVERAGEA solution didn't work. It actually included the blank spaces and made the average percentage less than what it was before.

Lenze- Your solution worked great!

Again both of you, thanks for the big help.

Rufus

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back