Formula Question

ironsides

This formula works well. Can I add a notation where the T will show up on the monitor in Green, and the T in Black?

=IF(OR(P4={"AT","BT","SM","BI","SI"}),"T","D")

Thank you

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
take a look at conditional format for the range with that formula to look for the criteria you set

Upvote 0
...sorry but I don't understand your answer...
Assuming in your original post you meant
Can I add a notation where the T will show up on the monitor in Green, and the D (not T) in Black?
then try this.

1. Select the cell that contains the formula =IF(OR(P4={"AT","BT","SM","BI","SI"}),"T","D")
2. From the menus choose Format|Conditional Formatting...|Condition 1|Cell Value Is|equal to|="T"|Format...|Font|Colour: choose green|OK|Add>>|Condition 2|Cell Value Is|equal to|="D"|Format...|Font|Colour: choose black|OK|OK

Upvote 0
...sorry but I don't understand your answer...
Assuming in your original post you meant
Can I add a notation where the T will show up on the monitor in Green, and the D (not T) in Black?
then try this.

1. Select the cell that contains the formula =IF(OR(P4={"AT","BT","SM","BI","SI"}),"T","D")
2. From the menus choose Format|Conditional Formatting...|Condition 1|Cell Value Is|equal to|="T"|Format...|Font|Colour: choose green|OK|Add>>|Condition 2|Cell Value Is|equal to|="D"|Format...|Font|Colour: choose black|OK|OK

:biggrin: Thank you Peter. Worked fine exactly as you said. Matt

Upvote 0
ironsides

Just re-visiting this thread I wondered why I put Condition 2 in the Conditional Formatting. :confused:
If you are using the standard black for your fonts in this sheet, then there is no need for Condition 2.

You could select the cell or range of cells that contain this Conditional Formatting and then Format|Conditional Formatting...|Delete...|Tick Condition 2|OK|OK. "T" will still show up green and "D" will show up black.

If your Conditional Formatting is only in a small number of cells it will not matter much either way, but if it covers a LOT of cells then the additional condition may start to slow your sheet.

Upvote 0
ironsides

Just re-visiting this thread I wondered why I put Condition 2 in the Conditional Formatting. :confused:
If you are using the standard black for your fonts in this sheet, then there is no need for Condition 2.

You could select the cell or range of cells that contain this Conditional Formatting and then Format|Conditional Formatting...|Delete...|Tick Condition 2|OK|OK. "T" will still show up green and "D" will show up black.

If your Conditional Formatting is only in a small number of cells it will not matter much either way, but if it covers a LOT of cells then the additional condition may start to slow your sheet.

Actually Peter, it worked the way you specified because I mistakenly used Black in my example when it should have been Brown. So all is well. Thanks for following up. Matt

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cancansova

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back