Formula =R[-1]C-RC[-1] by vba subtracting gives error

MKLAQ

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
hello experts
I need help about this formula I have this data but when I run it gives me error I try modified but I failed
the subtracting should begins c2-b3 and you can see the picture1 how subtracting but it gives error in picture to so I need help
picture1
itemBc

picture2
itemBc
#VALUE!
1400#VALUE!
2300#VALUE!
3500#VALUE!
4600#VALUE!

thanks

well done ! that's exactly what I want but I note thing if in column b is empty then the code doesn't work it should the empty cell considers 0 and it supposes sum and subtracting without any problem ,can you fix it please ?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
well done ! that's exactly what I want but I note thing if in column b is empty then the code doesn't work it should the empty cell considers 0 and it supposes sum and subtracting without any problem ,can you fix it please ?
Remember, we are looking at column B to determine where our last row of data exists. So if the last row of data has nothing in column B, it is not going to include that row.
In determining where the last row of data exists, we want to choose a column that will ALWAYS have data for any row with data.
Will column A always have data for every row with data? If so, then we should change this line of code:
VBA Code:
        lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row
to this:
VBA Code:
        lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

Upvote 0
that's great !! honestly I expect the code is complicated but is very simple for who knows write the code but for me absolutely is difficult because I have no basics to write code just I try modified what I find in the internet but write the code I can't , indeed I'm very lucky to find somebody answers my question it's not easy to find somebody write the code for me especially is professional like you
many thanks for a great assistance and explanations how the code works

Upvote 0
that's great !! honestly I expect the code is complicated but is very simple for who knows write the code but for me absolutely is difficult because I have no basics to write code just I try modified what I find in the internet but write the code I can't , indeed I'm very lucky to find somebody answers my question it's not easy to find somebody write the code for me especially is professional like you
many thanks for a great assistance and explanations how the code works
You are welcome.

I try to comment most of my code to kind of explain what is going on in each step, so that hopefully it makes some sense to you.
But if you have any particular questions about any of the lines of code, please do not hesitate to ask.
I like to try to help people learn and understand (not just get the answers).

Upvote 0
about post#17 this is my a big mistake when I specify who the last row should fill I specified the column d this is not logical because I don't fill in this column the code should work that ,I was specifying column a or b or c that what I fill

that's why it doesn't calculate a new data so you're extremely right about I should run the macro again if I add a new data I tested and works excellently , just I would share that with you to take advantage other members and of course varieties solutions it will be great

and this is my data and mod the code
itemBc

VBA Code:
Sub Macro()

Dim lr As Long

lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "b").End(xlUp).Row
    Range("D3:D" & lr).FormulaR1C1 = "=R[-1]C+RC[-2]-RC[-1]"
    Range("D3:D" & lr).Value = Range("D3:D" & lr).Value
End Sub

this is work for me
note : you have to fill in column b to work the code you can change col a or c except d
and good look for every one :):):)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back