Formula range changes when linked table is refreshed

burnedfish

Greetings!

I have a table linked to Access, with a column I inserted into the Excel table, so I could use a formula. However, when I refresh the table, the range in the formula changes. Nothing else in the formula changes, just the range. Here is the formula as it should be:

Cell T3: =IFERROR(MAX(MIN(P3,VLOOKUP(K3,'On-Hand'!$A:$P,8,FALSE)-SUMIF(backlog!$K$2:$K2,K3,$P$2:P2)),0),0)
Cell T4: =IFERROR(MAX(MIN(P4,VLOOKUP(K4,'On-Hand'!$A:$P,8,FALSE)-SUMIF(backlog!$K$2:$K3,K4,$P$2:P3)),0),0)
Cell T5: =IFERROR(MAX(MIN(P5,VLOOKUP(K5,'On-Hand'!$A:$P,8,FALSE)-SUMIF(backlog!$K$2:$K4,K5,$P$2:P4)),0),0)
etc...

Once the table is refreshed, the range changes:

Cell T3: =IFERROR(MAX(MIN(P3,VLOOKUP(K3,'On-Hand'!$A:$P,8,FALSE)-SUMIF(backlog!$K$2:$K63,K3,$P$2:P2)),0),0)
Cell T4: =IFERROR(MAX(MIN(P4,VLOOKUP(K4,'On-Hand'!$A:$P,8,FALSE)-SUMIF(backlog!$K$2:$K220,K4,$P$2:P3)),0),0)
Cell T5: =IFERROR(MAX(MIN(P5,VLOOKUP(K5,'On-Hand'!$A:$P,8,FALSE)-SUMIF(backlog!$K$2:$K229,K5,$P$2:P4)),0),0)

My external data properties are as follows:

Preserve column sort/filter/layout
Insert cells for new data, delete unused cells

1. Does anyone have any ideas how to stop the formula ranges from changing when the table is refreshed?
2. Similarly, if I insert a column into the table, for typing meeting notes for each row, those also get rearranged when the table is refreshed. Is this the same issue, and/or how can I preserve notes in their original row?

This is my first posting here, but have been visiting this site for years, and I can testify that I could not have advanced my career as far as I have, without the tremendous help of this forum and the experts here. So THANK YOU ALL!

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Still hoping someone here has some input/advice/solutions?

I've searched the web some more, but can't find anything...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back