Formula required to add cells

DONHODGE

Require formula to add across cells. Example I wish to countif in K:K for range Hodge then relate this to another range in L:L for range TA. The rersult should be to look up K:K for Hodge then on same row look for TA then get a number. Is there such a formula

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
hi - welcome to te board!

I think I know what you mean, but rather than speculate, why don;t you post back with a fuller description of what you're trying to do. include details of your data, where it is on the sheet etc. give an example, including the expected outcome.

Upvote 0
I am preparing a record sheet to record the activities of people I supervise. In column A for example I enter a persons name e.g. HODGE. I then in column B ( same row) I enter a code eg TA for the activity. To obtain what the persons performance is I need to know what activity HODGE has done which I record on another sheet. The formula I seek should collate HODGE in Column K with the desired activity code in Column L which will give me a number on the record sheet for HODGE for that activity.

Upvote 0
how about something like this:
WTR04.xls
DEFG
17J3
18A3
19A65
20B45
21B12
22B32
23C78
24C98
25C19
26A68
test

you should be able to change out D26 to whatever you want. if you don't want to change the cell contents, maybe a vlookup would work for you as a more static solution, maybe?
is this what your talking about?

Upvote 0
Tried it does not add up value. Maybe this will help?

(ROW) A B C
Name Code Total
HODGE TA TO GET THIS FIGURE LOOK AT ROW
(A) FOR HODGE THEN ROW (B) FOR TA.
ROW (C) SHOULD HAVE TOTAL FOR TA FOR
HODGE.

At the end I require the total for HODGE in relation to TA. When Hodge is entered in Row A then the code TA or something similar is to be always entered in ROW B. Total HODGE + TA is number required in Row C.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back