Formula Sheet

ExcelBeginner

I am supposed to make a formula sheet for my boss that will calculate the answers to formulas and allow him to convert units. For example: the cylinder pressue formula is P=F/A I need to have him enter F and A and return the value P. I can handle that much but P is measured in lb/in^2 usually. He needs to be able to enter F and A in lb, g, kg, in, m, ft, and cm. Then, I have to return the answer in lb/in^2 , g/cm^2, kg/m^2, oz/ft^2, etc. I have no idea how to do this. I looked up conversions in Excel but the funtionality isn't loaded. Even if it was, I am not sure how to format this. Any syggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
The CONVERT function is part of the Analysis Tool Pak.

Do a search on convert and select "CONVERT worksheet function" - this should give you all you need.

JAF

Upvote 0
All you're wanting to do is convert from imperial to metric or visa versa. There will be a single figure you can use for this. For example there are 2.2lb's in a Kg so give 2Kg multiply by 2.2 to get the pounds!

Upvote 0
I will try those ideas momentarily. Thanks for the help. Out of those questions arises another - how can I do this without having 30 different lines for each formula? The sheet will look horrible if I have to write out every combination of the formaula possible. Is there someway that I could AutoFilter or something so my boss can pick that he wants F in lbs and A in ft and then I can calculate it?

Also, is there something wrong with the statement =CONVERT (A1,from_ft,to_m)
I want to take the number in cell A1 and convert it but Excel won't do it.
This message was edited by ExcelBeginner on 2002-09-11 11:05

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RobertJones1986

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back