Formula Stays as text on cell

rafamilanes21

Hello guys,

I have a formula =INDEX(Data!A:A,MATCH(EC!F85,Data!B:B,0)) on my worksheet. I know I can copy and paste the formula all the way down the workbook but I am trying to write the formula in another cell; once I do that the formula stays in a text state instead of going to #N/A.

Anyone have any ideas?

On another note, does anyone know why one is not able to file attachments. I was able before but now for some reason I can't attach files which would make it easier for you guys.

Thanks,

Rafael

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
It sounds like your column is Formatted as Text instead of General. Change it to General and re-copy your formula.

You cannot upload files to this site. But there are tools you can use to post screen images. They are listed in Section B of this link here: http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/board-a...forum-use.html.
Also, there is a Test Here forum on this board that you can use to test out these tools to make sure they are working correctly before using them in your question.

Upvote 0
Edit: Ooops, I'm a bit slower than Joe. :)

Hello guys,

I have a formula =INDEX(Data!A:A,MATCH(EC!F85,Data!B:B,0)) on my worksheet. I know I can copy and paste the formula all the way down the workbook but I am trying to write the formula in another cell; once I do that the formula stays in a text state instead of going to #N/A.

Anyone have any ideas?
Have a look at this thread

On another note, does anyone know why one is not able to file attachments. I was able before but now for some reason I can't attach files ..
This forum has never allowed attachments. :)
My signature block below has a link for how you can post small copyable sample data though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sienna de Souza

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back