Formula to allocate value by date per day...

Brakwa

Hello, I hope someone can help.

I have a start date and end date with a value associated those dates. I want to create a monthly view showing the value if a date is between the start and stop date.

cell B3 contains the "Start date" 10/2/18, cell C3 contains the "End Date" 10/5/18, and cell D3 will have the value 300.

I want to have the dates in a column of Oct 1 through Oct 31 say in column A and for the dates 10/2 through 10/5 I want the result to be the value 300 in the cells next to the start and end date. I have tried to use sumifs with greater data in column C and with a second criteria data less than data in column d each one works individually but for some reason the 2 together delvers a 0 in all cases.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
Hello, I hope someone can help.

I have a start date and end date with a value associated those dates. I want to create a monthly view showing the value if a date is between the start and stop date.

cell B3 contains the "Start date" 10/2/18, cell C3 contains the "End Date" 10/5/18, and cell D3 will have the value 300.

I want to have the dates in a column of Oct 1 through Oct 31 say in column A and for the dates 10/2 through 10/5 I want the result to be the value 300 in the cells next to the start and end date. I have tried to use sumifs with greater data in column C and with a second criteria data less than data in column d each one works individually but for some reason the 2 together delvers a 0 in all cases.

Let's say your dates are in A5:A#

In B5, place:

Code:
=IF(AND(A5>=$A$3,A5<=$B$3),$C$3,"")

And drag it down.

Does that do what you are asking?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you very much for the quick response and this works great for one entry. If I have multiple entries however i do not know what to do. How would i have 10/1/18 through 10/31/18 look at multiple inputs of dates. For example:

10/02/18 - 10/05/18 @ 300
10/07/18 - 10/11/18 @ 600
10/15/18 - 10/22/18 @ 800

- and there may be multiple transactions like this in the month.

Upvote 0
Yes. There is a massive transaction at the beginning of the month for the entire month. I was just going to add that separately. But if there is a way, awesome!!

- 10/1/18 - 10/31/18 @ 2,500
- 10/1/18 - 10/4/18 @ 300
and you understand the rest.

We purchase a certain amount of natural gas for process and try to balance by months end. There have been occasions where some transaction overlap within the month as well.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcus05

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back